‘Glow’ is The Pole Room’s inaugural student showcase that will give YOU the opportunity to perform on stage without the pressure of a competition.
Each group performance at ‘Glow’ will be the outcome of 8 weeks of intensive training at the studio under the guidance of their instructor. Students will learn a routine, with up to 10 students of a similar level. At the end of the 8-week training period, participants will perform their routine at ‘Glow Showcase’ in front of a live audience. This year it will be held at the Karralyka theatre in Ringwood on Saturday May 4th, 2024.
The routine learnt will be the creative masterpiece of the instructor leading the course and is developed with their signature style. Routines will be designed to showcase each person’s strengths within the routine, making sure you feel confident when performing on stage.
Glow Showcase has been created by The Pole Room to challenge YOU to take your skills and abilities on stage and perform in a fun and supportive environment.
Course bookings are open from Monday Feb 5 through The Pole Room app and website. Spots are limited, and are sure to book out so get in early to avoid disappointment.
8 Week Glow Course Inclusions:
- 8 x 90-minute sessions run over 8 weeks with an expert instructor at the studio
- Dress rehearsal pre-performance at Karralyka Theatre
- Professional photography with DanceFlicks
- Professional camera crew with 5Stream Media
- 4K video of your routine as a keepsake of your hard work
- Snacks and drinks backstage
- Backstage entry and dressing rooms to prepare
- Smoke, Low Fog & Haze Machines
- HD Theatre Projector and multi directional floor lighting
- Front of House Venue Supervisor
- Technician staff to help with lighting across the stage and throughout your performance.
Costumes, make up and tickets to the show are at extra cost. Early bird ticket pricing will be released to Glow participants ahead of the general public. All participants must hold active membership at a TPR studio – Mitcham, Kilsyth, Highett or CBD.
Glow 2024 courses cost totals $390 with payment options such as ZipPay and AfterPay available.
**When a course is full the Sign Up button will disappear from the course list.
- Beg+ – Beginner students and above.
- Inter+ -Intermediate 1 and above students. Must be able to climb to top of pole, invert to straddle, inside & outside leg hang
- Adv+ Advanced and above students. Must be able to aerial invert and shoulder mount from floor
A: As long as the course is Beg + you can absolutely join it!