7 Reasons to Start Pole & Aerial Classes
Pole dancing and aerial are fierce and cool, there’s no question about it! But did you know that there are way more benefits to pole and aerials than just bragging rights, Insta-worthy photos and sassy selfies? YES, we know! Shocking right?
Here’s the motivation for you (and your friends, and relatives, and colleagues) to start and keep going!
1. Unleash your power. Both pole and aerial require you to lift your body using every ounce of strength you have (particularly in your upper body). Some newbies are apprehensive about having zero strength but we’ve all been there. But let’s not forget about your mental strength too. By achieving what seems physically impossible, you train your mind to believe you can and will, do anything you set your mind too.
2. Rebuild long lost endurance. When was the last time you REALLY broke a sweat and exerted everything your body had? Regular pole and aerial classes will allow you to develop stamina that will have you feeling your absolute fittest. Increase your weekly sessions to heighten that endorphin rush!
3. Feel flexy! Believe us when we say we get bendy…A LOT! Yoga and pilates inspired stretches compliment the tricks and fluidity that make pole and aerial moves so damn inspiring. The Exorcist upside down going downstairs? Easy peasy! 😂
4. Achieve a full-on body workout. Not a single muscle in your body is spared from this workout! You’d be gripping the pole in places you didn’t realise could grip! Like, did you know that you could hoist yourself on an apparatus using just your chest and abdomen? Yeah you can! From your head rolls to your rotating knees, you will teach your body to do incredible things. With the exception of your tongue muscle. But don’t worry, your teacher’s working out hers when she shouts “POINT YOUR TOES!”.
5. Delve into an exercise you’ll actually look forward to. It’s everything but boring! Every session is exciting and brings you closer to your goal and closer to performing on stage! It’s a mix of dancing and body work, making it a fun workout! So fun it should be called a funout!
6. Practice confidence. We’ve been through that awkward phase too! We were once too critical of ourselves and our bodies. But pole dancing helped us embrace and love who we are more! By the end of the term, we came out more confident and self-loving! Shine and Performance Night? Bring it on!
7. Belong in tribe that loves you back! Finally, it’s all about the community. A gathering of wonderful people free of judgements. You walk in the door and already feels accepted. You keep on your on pace without having to worry about who you are and how you identify.
That’s a wrap. Take the plunge and sign up for an experience that will have you doing the unthinkable. It might just change your life. 💜
If you’re ready to conquer confidence, and become the boldest version of you, make a visit to The Pole Room. Skills-based courses and classes are fun, relaxed and totally beginner-friendly. Even if you feel un-co, or have never set foot in a dance studio in your life, you’ll be in the hands of instructors who will work with you to become your best self. Get in touch with us for a complimentary trial class. X