The Glow Showcase Event hosted by The Pole Room
‘Glow’ is The Pole Room’s inaugural student showcase that will give YOU the chance to perform on stage without the pressure of a competition.
Each group performance at ‘Glow’ will be the outcome of 8 weeks of intensive training at the studio under the guidance of their instructor. Participants will learn 1 routine (up to 5 minutes), with 4-9 other students of a similar level. At the end of the 8 weeks, participants will perform their routine at the Glow Showcase held at the Karralyka theatre in Ringwood on March 27th, 2020.
The routine learnt will be the creative masterpiece of the instructor leading them and are developed with the instructors own signature style. Whilst our instructors are creating the overall concept and flow of the routine, they will also take into account your own pole ability. The overall aim will be to showcase your individual strengths within the routine, while making sure you feel confident when performing on stage.
Currently there are no detailed descriptions of each ‘Stage Ready Performance Course’, however the name will give an indication of the style and/or theme. If you are seeking clarification be sure to email [email protected]
Ultimately ‘Glow’ has been created by The Pole Room to challenge YOU to take your skills and abilities on stage and perform in a fun and supportive environment.
All videos and photography will be available to participants and is included in the total cost of the course.
Check out the behind the scenes of the SHINE Pole Competition & Showcase video from last year (2019) for some insights from participants who took the stage at Karralyka theatre.
- The ‘Glow’ showcase will be held at the Karralyka Theatre on Friday the 27th of March
- Each ‘Stage Ready Performance Courses’ will commence the week of January 27th
- Courses are $360 upfront or with payment plans of $30 per week available
- Enrolments close Friday, January 24th (unless sold out sooner)
**When a course is full the Sign Up button will disappear from the course list.
- Beg+ – Beginner students and above.
- Inter+ – Only intermediate and above students. Must be able to climb to top of pole, invert to straddle, inside & outside leg hang
- Adv+ – Only advanced and above students. Must be able to aerial invert and shoulder mount from floor
Check out the group instructor performance from SHINE 2019, which similarly to Glow was choreographed and performed at Karralyka.