If you’re committed to achieving maximum results and looking to become a pole or aerial superstar in the shortest amount of time possible ,then we recommend a minimum of three classes per week. This should comprise of at least one tricks based class, one conditioning class and one dance based class. Pole and aerial are skills-based and therefore require dedication and consistency, which is why we also have practice times available.
As a student of The Pole Room, there are some expectations that can contribute to a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. Here’s what is generally expected of you:
- Positive Attitude: Come to each class with an open mind and a positive attitude. Embrace the learning process and be willing to try new things.
- Respect for the Instructor: Show respect to your pole dance instructor and follow their guidance during class. They are there to support and help you progress.
- Punctuality: Arrive on time for each class to ensure you don’t miss any warm-up or important instructions.
- Active Participation: Engage actively in the class, ask questions, and seek clarification if needed. Participate in class activities and practice the movements to the best of your ability.
- Consistency: Regular practice is essential for progress. Attend classes consistently and make an effort to practice what you’ve learned outside of class.
- Safety Awareness: Follow safety guidelines provided by the instructor. Be mindful of your limitations and avoid pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone without proper guidance.
- Supportive Community: Be a positive and supportive member of the pole dance community. Encourage and uplift your fellow students, fostering a welcoming atmosphere.
- Respect for Others: Show respect to other students and their space during class. Be mindful of their comfort levels and boundaries.
- Patience and Perseverance: Progress in pole dancing may take time, so be patient with yourself. Embrace the journey and celebrate every small achievement.
- Appropriate Attire: Wear suitable workout attire to ensure you can move freely and comfortably during class.
Remember, everyone starts somewhere, and pole dancing is a journey of self-discovery and growth. The most important expectation is to enjoy the process and have fun while learning and challenging yourself. With dedication and passion, you’ll see yourself flourish as a pole dance student.
If you are considered high risk by your health practitioner, we recommend seeking advice before joining.
If you are an existing student at The Pole Room, you must notify your instructor as soon as you are aware you are pregnant.
If you are returning to pole after having a baby, speak to your instructor, but it’s advisable to train safely and return to a lower level class whilst you’re building your strength and re-conditioning your body.
Depending on the injury and how long you have sustained the injury, we may require approval from your doctor to confirm you are fit to participate in our classes.
Each studio location has its own schedule, instructor and unique vibe. If you’re on a membership at CBD, Mitcham or Kilsyth you can use your classes across all these company owned locations. If you’re a Highett member or purchased a package for Highett you are unable to move across studios.
Across all of our studios, multiples of each class are run at different times and days throughout the week. If you can’t make class on a particular night, check the timetable and you will find the same class at a different day or time giving you a second opportunity to book in that week.
Having trouble making your preferred classes each week? Speak directly to our staff about what’s best to do. We are open to taking requests as our timetable is dynamic and can change based on our members requests.
Not everyone has the same fitness ambitions. Thankfully the variety of classes offered give you the opportunity to focus on one or more types of outcome.
For Strength & Stamina: Try our Trick classes that will get your muscles working in overdrive!
For Flexibility: Try our Flexibility classes that will get your body primed for movement!
For Body Conditioning: Try our Dance classes that will get your heart rate up and body dripping in sweat!